A weblog on Alaska politics, and other musings, ramblings, and vagaries.

Monday, December 19, 2005

Is this a rebound??

I have always had faith in the steadfast ability of the Democratic Establishment to screw up just about anything, and it seems, as we head into 2006, that its just about time for them to start screwing up the mid-term elections. What gives rise to excited anticipation on my part, though, is the question of just how they're going to do it. I mean, I still can't really answer that as to the '04 election ... just how did they manage to screw that up? It's really quite an amazing feat ...

It brings to mind an old "Hogan's Heroes" episode, where Hogan has to defuse a bomb. It comes down to a choice of which wire to cut, so Hogan asks Col. Klink. Klink definitively picks one, and Hogan proceeds to cut the other one, successfully defusing the bomb. "Why did you ask me to pick if you already knew which wire to cut?" asks Klink. "Well," says Hogan, "I wasn't sure which wire was the right one, but I was sure that you would pick the wrong one."

So, I betting that Frank is going to win another term, that control of the house and senate will remain firmly in Wakjoblican control ... (sigh)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home