A weblog on Alaska politics, and other musings, ramblings, and vagaries.

Monday, December 09, 2013

I am a deeply cynical creature, and one thing that leads me to espouse in politics is the concept of "reversion to the partisan mean."  That is to say, the guys out there talking about putting aside partisanship and making grand "reach-across-the-aisle" gestures really mean "you all should come over to my side" and will, in due course, return to the fold.  See Rubio, Marco - Immigration; Romney, Mitt - Health Insurance Reform; etc.  That being said, I was pleasantly impressed by this op ed by perennial (per-quadrennial?) gubernatorial candidate Bill Walker.  Could this be a sighting of the rare Principled Independent?  Probably not - TANSA, as my calculus teacher used to say (math guy for "there ain't no such animal") - but I'm keeping an open mind.

... and let's face it, just about anything would be better than the sadly cynical and frankly dimwitted "leadership" offered by Commander Zero.  Again, deeply cynical though I am, Zero's morally, ethically, and intellectually bankrupt decision to burnish his "nobody hates that commie black feller what stole the White House more than me" credentials by literally condemning poor people to death was frankly shocking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home