A weblog on Alaska politics, and other musings, ramblings, and vagaries.

Monday, November 22, 2004

WWAFYOD

The secret to understanding the foreign policy of the Bush Administration is contained in these 7 letters: WWAFYOD ("What Would A Five Year Old Do").

Break Mom's expensive vase? Easy! Put it back together with Scotch tape and pretend nothing's wrong!

Same answer goes for Iraq - tape it back together and pretend it's ok.

I want to be on the record with this. As soon as possible after whatever "election" they can put together in January, the Bushies will begin a massive pullout of Iraq, no matter what state it is in.

As shown by this Boston Globe article, they're already laying the groundwork of excuses and head-spinning rationalizations ... the most massively irresponsible administration in history clearly has bigger fish to fry (Iran! Syria! France!).

I'm willing to take bets ... heck, I'll give odds. We'll see massive cuts in forces ASAP after whatever kind of election they can get together in January.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you are right. They will pull out, but perhaps for all the wrong reasons. I wish he had said, "read my lips...no draft."

Dan
bignadworrad@yahoo.com

6:58 PM

 
Blogger Darrow said...

Nemo
You are right on the money, so I will not take your bet. I only wish W had been like his father (not only a one term chump) in that he would have said "read my lips, no draft."

8:06 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi nemo,

As a result of reading your blog "WWAFYOD", I think you will discover my directory on natural hair loss treatment and other hair loss studies to be useful.

Why not submit your own articles on hair loss to my free directory ... sharing your information will help others and you also get the benefit of recognition and a valuable backlink to your own site. If convenient, come and take a look at my articles on hair loss now!

Best Regards
Emily

7:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home