A weblog on Alaska politics, and other musings, ramblings, and vagaries.

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Crows


The crows, they understand something

It’s 15 degrees, ice is clogging the Inlet,

and the wind is howling in from the North,

flowing around the buildings downtown

like it’s got somewhere to be

And there are the crows

one to my right doing loops and somersaults

a piece of bread in his claws

one to my left playing “touch the treetop”

holding steady over a branch that could never hold his weight

taps it with his foot and then does a barrel roll

to get away from his buddy

Buddy’s swooping in at high speed

The low winter sun catches him and he glows

Golden black

He catches the branch in his mouth

and swings free to the other side

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anjanette said...

Hello! I just created a closed Facebook group for Alaskan bloggers and I would love for you to join us there! It serves two purposes: it's a place to support each other and "talk shop" about blogging, and it will make it easy to coordinate for special local blogging projects and events.

I am currently assessing interest in a Blogging Concentrated conference in Anchorage in 2014 or 2015. Even if that doesn't interest you, I'd love to "meet" you online and have you add your Alaskan blogger friends.

You can find the group by searching "Alaska Bloggers" or clicking here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/660041177368443/

11:19 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello everyone on here my name is Fumo Sadiku living in Malindi City Kenyan I want to tell a little more about a good hearted man called Mr Pedro working with funding service as loan officer, Mr Pedro helped me get a loan of 37,115,225.00 Shillings on my trying time trying to get back on my feet to raise my business I know there are some of you here who are in financial difficulties to talk to Mr Pedro pedroloanss@gmail.com I'm so glad for what he did for me and for his Bank accountant as well Accountant Hernandez Lucas Thank you very much for your work well done.

10:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home